Continuing Nursing Education Information: Clinical Care in Oncology for the Advanced Practice Provider
There are few educational opportunities targeted to physician assistants and nurse practitioners in oncology that serve to provide a multidisciplinary approach toward dissemination of practice information in prevention, screening, and management of patients with cancer. The 2012 Clinical Care in Oncology for the Advanced Practice Provider Pre-Annual Meeting Seminar offers an educational forum for the assessment of current and novel treatment strategies to improve medical knowledge and patient care competencies across cancer types.
This seminar is designed to meet the educational needs of the advanced practice nurse and physician assistant, as well as other advanced practice providers on the cancer care team.
The goal of this seminar is to broaden the knowledge base of the advanced practice provider in the areas of prevention, screening, and management of patients with cancer.
Upon participation in this activity, attendees will be able to:
- Review recent and emerging screening techniques as applied to the care and management of people with cancer
- Examine current and novel treatment strategies and therapies, as well as related symptom and side-effect management for patients with breast, prostate, lung and colon cancers and hematologic malignancies
- Enhance communication techniques when engaging in difficult conversations with patients with cancer and their families
Continuing Nursing Education
Attendees of the Clinical Care in Oncology for the Advanced Practice Provider Program can earn a maximum of 7.0 contact hours of continuing nursing education credit. Participants must attend at least 80% of the program, and submit a completed evaluation within the specified time frame to receive CNE credit.
ONS is accredited as a provder of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
ONS is approved as a provider of continuing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #2850.
Accreditation as an American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission provider refers only to its continuing nursing education activities and does not imply ANCC Commission on Accreditation endorsement of any commercial products.
The contact hours earned from this educational opportunity qualify for initial oncology nursing certification and renewal via ONC-PRO. Visit www.oncc.org for complete details on oncology nursing certification.
Following the conference, you can enter your evaluation data and comments into the ONS Evaluation Center. You'll have until Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 5:00pm EST to complete this evaluation. The evaluation center is available at https://evaluationcenter.ons.org.
Just a few reasons to use this quick and easy format:
- Get your conference CNE certificate immediately upon submitting your evaluation
- Begin a transcript for all of your ONS-provided CNE programs
- Print a list of your ONS-provided programs, making it extra convenient when reporting CNE data for licensure, certification, performance appraisals, etc
- Reprint your certificate whenever you need it with just the clik of a mouse
- Have easy access to a personalized certificate (e.g., if you live in California) if required. The ONS Evaluation Center will generate one for you
You can earn a maximum of 7.0 hours of continuing nursing education credit, which is tabulated based on the number of sessions attended and evaluated. Credit is awarded for attending educational sessions, provided an evaluation of the session is submitted to ONS within the specified timeframe.